On The Table – Yoghurt Dough Scrolls
These delicious two ingredient scrolls are a quick and easy snack you can whip up any time of the day!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1+ cup self raising flour (SRF)
- Whatever fillings you would like!
- Preheat oven to 190C & line a baking tray
- Mix greek yoghurt & SRF in a bowl until it forms a nice dough, you can add a little extra SRF if your dough is too sticky (it will be softer than a traditional pizza dough)
- Kneed a little to firm up into a dough ball (about 2-3 minutes)
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, roll with a floured rolling pin into a rectangle about 1.5cm thick
- Lightly spread dough with your fillings (we recommend you start with a paste or jam as the base for other fillings to stick to)
- Gently roll the dough up evenly length ways with your hands (forming a long log) and slice into 2cm thick scrolls
- Place scrolls on a lined baking tray, squash slightly on top, sprinkle with any herbs, cheese, chocolate etc you like and put into the oven
- Bake for between 15-20 minutes or until scrolls are golden brown, filling has melted & they look delicious
- Resist the urge to jump straight in and let them cool for a few minutes. Take it from Tony the inside is super-hot & burns!
- Cheesybite & grated cheese (a winner with the kids)
- Onion, spinach & fetta (cook the onion & spinach first in a frypan)
- Pizza – pizza sauce, olives, salumi, cheese
- Stewed apple & cinnamon
- Sultanas & home made thick custard